IMPORTANT TIP! RYA Courses are necessary in all European Countries. You are not allowed to drive a boat unless you have an ICC Level 2 certificate outside of the UK.
RYA PowerBoat Level 2 Course
- Duration: 2 days
- Experiencie required: Non pre-course experience necessary
- Course content: Close quarters boat handling, controlled manoeuvers, man overboard recovery, anchoring, collision regulations, buoyage, chartwork, tides, rules of the sea
- Ability after course: You will be able to drive you powerboat or hire one in any European Country water’s aware of your competences and be legal
- Certificate: International Certificate of Competence (ICC); this will allow you to gain the coastal power endorsement for a power vessel up to 10 metres
Enjoy the experience and get your ICC for power boating without doing any test or exam. You will have great fun on the see and learn something which will be useful for the lifetime.
The Royal Yachting Association (RYA) is United Kingdom national governing body for certain watersports like Sailing, Windsurfing, Motor cruising, Powerboating & Personal watercraft.
The RYA is the main UK official authorized institution to issue ICC on its behalf.
International Certificate of Competence (ICC) is a document which enables boaters to evidence their competence when visiting both the inland waterways of other countries’ coastal waters.
ICC is an assurance from one government to another that the certificate holder is sufficiently competent to be driving a pleasure craft, despite not holding the visited country’s national certificate. ICC is issued under the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) applicable automatically to all the countries that accept its resolution.
The RYA Training Scheme is currently delivered in 47 countries through a network of recognised training centres like Kolos Marine is, providing licences and titles for those activities.
Kolos Marine is internationally recognized RYA training center offering the scheme of practical training in powerboating with the ICC title.
Our course starts at 10 am and finishes at 5 pm.
The first day you will meet us at our Training Centre Course Location. You will first have the theoretical lesson and after making sure that the theory is safe we will go on the sea for the practical lessons.
Second day is combined theory and practice.
Please be prepared for the course and bring along with you:
- 2 small passport size photographs
- Your passport
- Suntan lotion
- Suitable clothing for warm weather
- Flexible shoes
- Deposit required